Assistant Artist Liaison Internship
Are you destined for great things? This is an exciting role ideal for a creative, hands-on individual with a passion for international contemporary art.
In this position you will be working closely with the Client and Artist liaison and senior management, in a fast-paced and dynamic setting.
This role is perfect for anyone looking to develop a career at the forefront of the international contemporary art world.
About This Role
This is a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing, innovative and exciting contemporary art platform where you’ll play a key role in growing and engaging our international community.
Above all, your goal will be to help us support both our collectors, patrons and artists, online and at our events. This is an exciting role is ideal for a creative, hands-on individual with a passion for contemporary art, good communication skills and an exacting eye for detail.
This is a full-time role based in central London.
- Project management – assisting with the project management of UNFRAME talks and events.
- Artist liaison – working with artists, keeping up-to-date on new work, upcoming exhibitions and keeping the team informed.
- Ad-hoc duties relating to the management of artists. Keeping artist biographies and bibliographies up-to-date.
- Sales – assisting with consigning work, marketing work and associated business strategy. Create support materials for sales as requested.
- Database management – inputting details of new contacts and works of art onto the database and ensuring that all information is up-to-date.
- Research – Researching artists and artwork to recommend to Unframe. Sourcing provenance, exhibition history and literature on works of art and research on artists, exhibitions and press.
- Communications / PR / Marketing – Assisting in PR and marketing strategy and implementation – planning invite lists for events, monitoring guest list, social media strategy, press strategy etc.
- Social media – Assist with social media planning and execution.
- Website management – Assist with writing texts on artworks and artists. Assist with inputting new data onto website. Write newsletters and articles for publication on website.
- Image management – Source, edit and resize images.
- Daily administrative tasks as requested.
Required Skills and Experience
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Proactive and positive attitude
- Creative thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent time-management skills
- Display strategic, analytical and creative thinking alongside interpersonal skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and high-level outcomes
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced environment with changing requirements and minimal guidance
- Excellent communication and copywriting skills, editorial level professional English is a must
- High degree of computer literacy including proficient knowledge of Excel, Adobe Photoshop, MS Office,
- WordPress, ArtLogic databases scanning and image editing is preferable
- Knowledge of international contemporary art scene
- Previous employment with arts organisation
- Excellent organisational and planning skills, coupled with the ability to work calmly under pressure and to tight deadlines
- We are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.