My interest is around the effect of the abstract visual experience, in the ambiance of an image operating above any narrative level. In a manner of painting, physically or digitally, I experiment on contemporary ideas with a traditional mindset.
My practice encompasses a variety of influences, from the archaic to the modern period, from organic patterns of folk art to certain visual stimuli of conceptual art.
I acknowledge the powerful function of aesthetics as a carrier of notions and as a channel to stimulate human response towards cognition, sensibility and collectivity. Therefore, I wish to have no other concern than to maintain an idea’s expressive power.
Key factsView CV
- Born in Athens, Greece in 1985
- Currently living and working in London and Athens
- Studied Jewellery Design at the Mokume Institute in Thessaloniki
- In 2007, began experimenting with painting, photography and digital media
- Exhibited in solo and group shows including ‘SIXTY’, Art-Athina Platforms Project (Athens, 2016); ‘Islington Arts Factory Summer Salon 2015’, Islington Arts Factory (London, 2015); ‘Artist salons chez Ligne Roset’, Ligne Roset Westend Showroom (London, 2014); ‘Nonsense Exhibition’, O3 Gallery (Oxford, 2013); ‘Akindergarten’, Bord De L’Eau Gallery (Thessaloniki, 2012)