Benedetta Panisson works with photography, video installation, live performance and drawing.
Part of her research is dedicated to the aesthetics of sexuality. All her projects are the result of long period processes, works in progress that are often completely naked, where all mechanisms (logical and illogical) are shown.
She is works on the union between photography and the aesthetics of sexuality, concentrating the research on the sea as sexual metaphor.
Key factsView CV
- Born in Venice, Italy in 1980
- Holds a BA in Aesthetics from Ca’ Foscari University,Venice and a MA in New Technology for the Art from the Accademia di Belle Arti di Brera, Milan
- Current PhD research at Durham University, UK (2020-ongoing, Sexual Exorbitance in Island Environments. Visual Displays of Intimacy in Human and Interspecies Sexualities)
- Participant in the International Prize for Performance (Marina Abramovic/Centrale di Fies)
- Recipient of the Istituto Veneto per Venezia Award 2014, Istituto Veneto di Scienze, Lettere ed Arti, Venice (2014) and of the La Guarimba International Film Festival, Documentary Section, Amantea (2013)
- Featured in Der Greif, Pizza Magazine, Work Art in Progress
- Member of Berlinerpool – Arts Network, Berlin
- Exhibited in solo and group shows including ‘Artist salons chez Ligne Roset‘, Ligne Roset Westend Showroom (London, 2014); ‘Curated by Paul Smith & friends‘, Paul Smith – Albemarle Street (London, 2014); ‘A process’, Neue Galerie im Homannhaus (Augsburg, 2014); ‘International Sarajevo Winter Festival’ (Sarajevo, 2013); ‘S’adapter a l’Anthropocene’, curated by UNESCO and Coalition pour l’art et le developpement durable Maison de l’UNESCO – COAL (Paris, 2013); ‘Rotation F to M’, Kolima Contemporary Culture (Milan, 2011); ‘International Prize for Performance’, curated by Marina Abramovic, Civic Gallery of Contemporary Art (Trento, 2005)