Becca May Collins
Swansea born, London-based artist Becca May Collins’ practice explores the development of sentimentality towards a site, or a ‘sense of place’. She often works with specific sites over time, using image-making as a way to materialise hazy memories and strengthen her connection with a place and things within those places. She currently makes work around her Home. Her images are warm and considerate, speaking a gentle narrative that reveals more about the landscape.
Her work is held in public and private collections, including the Royal Collection and she was a Bloomberg New Contemporaries Artist 2019.
Key factsView CV
- MA in Visual Communication
Royal College of Art (2017 – 2019)
- BA (Hons) Illustration at Plymouth University (2012 – 2015)
- Artist in residence at Hafod Estate, Ceridigion, (2018) and Dumfries House, Ayrshire, (2018 & 2020).
- She was awarded as the New Contemporaries Selected Artist, (2019).
- Her work is held in The Hafod Trust, The Dumfries House Trust, The Royal Collection as well as private Collections.
- Solo and group exhibitions include ‘Works on Paper 2’, Blue Shop Cottage, London (2020). ‘Art on a Postcard’, International Womens Day Auction, The Allbright Mayfair, London (2020). ‘New Contemporaries’ (2019), South London Gallery, London, December (2019 – February 2020), New Contemporaries (2019), Leeds Art Gallery, Leeds, September – November (2019). ‘Show RCA’, Royal College of Art, London, July (2019). ‘Me Here to You There with Across RCA’, Hockney Gallery, London, November (2018). ‘Best of the Drawing Year’, Christies King Street, London, (2017). ‘On Paper’, Mercer-Chance Gallery, London, April (2016). ‘2015:Cold Kisses’, Bruton Art Factory, Somerset, Dec (2015).
This artist currently does not showcase any artwork of this medium on Unframe.